Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oozing Greatness

I realized my greatness is not conditioned upon my having profound realizations; Not a sliver of profound realization and my greatness wouldn't have flickered or dimmed, not even a wee bit. That's how great this greatness is. So what I really need to focus on is relaxing into this knowing, not trying so hard looking for proof to assert my greatness. What is me could never be lost. And what greatness I glimpsed within me, there's more where that comes from. All I have to do is stop squeezing, milking or juicing it and it would all but ooze out of me, naturally and continually. It couldn't be helped, there is so much greatness within me there is no way I could contain it all inside me. Then again, why would I? Like the divine purpose of an acorn is to grow into a mighty oak tree, the entelechy of my greatness is to flow through me and out into the world.

When I'm all caught up in admonishing myself for not doing enough, I miss out on what great work I do on the work I did get done. That is not honoring my own greatness. I've just discover another red flag - whenever I find myself trying hard to assert my greatness, look instead on where have I fail to honor my greatness.

No comments: