Wednesday, May 5, 2010

We Were Born Very Rich

I was watching this big bug through my lens as I concentrate on a moment of stillness. It was feeding, not just on the pollen, it was tugging off tiny pieces of the center of the flower to munch on. I even heard the tiny "tuck" during the pause between the wind blowing!

I was finding my shots through my lens on this bush of yellow flowers and came across first an interesting bloom that has white mixed in on a few of its petals, then another one next to it that while all its petals are a uniform yellow, looks a little different in the middle. The latter is in earlier bloom stage, with its color all uniform and the tiny stems standing out in the middle of the flower like mini spears and the former is in later bloom stage where the color on some of its petals faded to white, and the tiny stem in its middle have bloomed and each split into 2 perfect curves like mini fleur de lus without the middle spears. Just like us, while in youth our beauty is supple, fresh and perhaps has a shiny sheen to it, our beauty become more interesting and characterized with age.

It is amazing what interesting details and stories we could find in the nature when we take the time to observe. It felt like I have experienced seeing the universe in a grain of sand, twice, in one afternoon. I was indeed born very rich, I truly feel that in my bones. This is what I mean in the vision statement of the New Eye Movement: Richer living through richer seeing.

No comments: