Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Touch of Decadence

I just discovered greek yogurt, oh what a decadent dessert! So rich and luxurious in taste and texture. Is it possible to experience an immediate boost to my well being that is so pure in every spoonful of this delicious goodness? Why yes, I just did, the last couple of days! My taste buds were totally singing with excitement and I definitely feel pampered all the way to the core of my being! I've been enjoying my greek yogurt with home-made blueberry topping - YUMMY-LICIOUS!

When I saw Zeena having it last Friday, I asked her what is the difference between greek yogurt and regular yogurt, she said it's decadent. I asked what does that word mean, she explained that it basically means having a quality of richness and luxury to it. That got me thinking. I decided, I'm including decadence to the quality of my life. Starting immediately. How can I add a touch of decadence to my day today? I've notice an immediate upgrade to the enjoyment of my life from day to day with very little effort. We snuck in a big slice of tiramisu ($2.99) to enjoy with our IronMan2 movie in the theater. I added a quality citrus zester ($12.99) to my kitchen tool so I can enjoy more zest in our meals (and our lives too!). Put together a ribbon to-go kit ($0 out of pocket - it's from my existing ribbon collections) to allow me the pleasure of creating a touch of luxury in presentation when gift or gift wrapping occasions come with short notice at my work. I picked up a tin of Masala Chai loose tea ($8.75) from Peet's for my morning enjoyment to start my day. I treat myself to a nice 2nd breakfast (yes I usually have 2 breakfasts on work days) by picking up a sandwich of fresh Ciabatta bread with avocado, tomato and Muenster cheese from Specialty's ($2.95). I can't wait to see what idea comes to my mind next in regard to adding more "simple luxury" to my everyday life. The $ amount in the brackets are reminders for me, since I need to visually see how little it takes to add a touch of decadence in my day. Life is rich and wonderful and it is abundant. No more sipping it through a straw, now on I'm grabbing it with both hands and slurping it right up!

No comments: