Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Am Bigger Than My Thoughts

Now that the Giant Within me has been unlocked, a funny thing happened - I realized that I am bigger than my thoughts. In fact, it wasn't so much about unlocking the Giant Within me as it was about unlocking myself from my thoughts!

That's what all these unexplainable desires about pushing boundaries, and big lofty dreams of going to Tonga to swim with the whales and skydiving. It is my heart's way of giving me a taste of what it's like to be free of that prison, and prove to me that my thought is not my identity no matter how long I've identified myself by it. Because if it were, I'd never have swam with the whales, nor jumped out of an airplane. What holds me prisoner in my mind is my attachment to my thoughts.

The moment I realize I'm attached to any one of my thoughts is the moment that thought loses the hold on me.

No comments: