Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I-Get-To Shift

I just learnt the power of the phrase "I get to". I need to get this translation project completed, after that I need to do the post shoot lab work for the photoshoot from the previous week. After that, I need to quickly get back on track with working on building my new website. Just saying that is already tiring. But when I swap that "I need to" to "I get to" . . . I get to do this translation project and get paid doing it! When I finished this project, I get to work on the rest of the post shoot lab work for the previous week shoot! When I finish that I get to work on building my new website! Wow can you feel the change in the energy? Then I said it out loud and my energy just shot up the ceiling! And so I went "When I finish this translation project, I get to have tiramisu, I get to treat myself to a home spa experience, I get to sleep till I wake up naturally, I get to go see the Eclipse movie with Tracy . . . " That kept me going working round the clock for 2 days with just 3 hours sleep each.

Don't worry, I have no intention of turning this working-round-the-clock into a life style, it would be SO not in alignment with my work-life balance intention.

No comments: