Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boosting My Thruster

Part of my history is the limiting belief that things are hard and that life is hard. And so in my decision to recreate my future, I started to focus on ease and flow. Noticing when I'm doing something with ease and when I'm in the flow of my "doing". And also noticing when I'm not, and how I can reconnect myself back to the ease and flow. So here's my latest discovery: when the going gets tedious or becoming a chore, take a moment forward to visit the finish line then double back to where I am. Knowing exactly how much further till "done" helps charge me up and shift me out of "this is hard, when's this going to end" drama. A useful alternate to "Eyes On The Price". Also, take a moment backward to admire the work already done, celebrating "how far I've come" helps rekindle my excitement in getting to the finish line.

No comments: